Friday, December 19, 2008

What's in a Name?

Hello! Welcome to my brand new, first time ever blog post! I'm always a little late getting into the trends, so bear with me as I explore this new toy. I hope to make you smile or laugh a few times and just share my life with the world. I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, as of course, it seems like everyone else has one... and since today was a huge snow day, I decided today was good as any to get this thing going!

As for the name of my blog, well, it sums up my life. I love to eat grilled cheese and tomato soup. I slice my grilled cheese into four strips and dunk them into the soup which is poured into a mug instead of a bowl. If I have pickles, I'll have one or two of those as well (though I don't dunk that in the soup...ick!). I grew up eating this for lunch or dinner, as it's fast and easy and once you are a little bigger, you can make it yourself. Oh, and I always use milk instead of water to make the soup. Now-a-days I'm making grilled cheese and tomato soup for my kids who are 4 and 2, but invariably I burn the grilled cheese commonly due to: "MOMMY! I need a drink!" "MOM! I wanna snack!" "whaaaaAAAAAAA!!" "Mom, can you help me?" "MOM!! I'm DONE!!"

HOWEVER--today, I was able to pull off four PERFECT grilled cheese sandwiches!! It was bliss! I was going to take a picture but I guess I forgot and we gobbled them up. :-) It was a perfect day for them since we got 10 inches of snow today.

No comments: