Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm hungry!

Hello friends.  This week is another busy week.  My husband is working second shift two nights this week and we are bowling two nights this week = not much cooking going on here.  :)  Monday night I didn't feel like cooking so we literally ate Ramen Noodles.  They are good once in a while.  I like to drain most of the water out so that it is less like soup and more like a bowl of noodles.  I felt like baking instead.  My Grandma called them Hello Dolly's but most people call them Magic Cookie bars.  Mmmh, they are so good.  Last night was one of the nights my husband was working so we had the go to meal that my blog is named for.  Grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I'm happy to report that I did not burn them and I mixed it up a little by making them on Rye bread.  Yum.  I usually cut the sandwich into several strips for the kids and then they dunk them in the soup.  This method has eliminated the "I don't want to eat the crust" drama and they actually eat the soup too this way.  I got those mugs for them a few years back at Crate and Barrel.  Not sure if they make them anymore.  Looks like they make a polar bear version now.  They are just the right size for the kids.

I know this next thing has nothing to do with food, but I thought it was so cute, I  wanted to share.  My husband wears a uniform to work and they do the cleaning of said uniform.  So we end up with all these wire hangers we don't need so I was determined to find a way to use them creatively.  The boys' Christmas parties are next week and I thought what I came up with would be fun for them to do.


                                      I figured we'd add the year and their names to them as well.
To make this, I just bent the wire hanger into a triangle shape.  Then glued tissue paper around it then cut it out with pinking shears, though you could use scrapbook scissors too.  Then decorated it with a bow and used glitter glue that you can get at craft stores that has the confetti in it already.

Well. I'm hungry, time for lunch!  Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute craft idea!!! You so smart... ;)