Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crazy week!

So far this week is shaping up to be pretty hectic!  I have pretty much been gone all day, every day this week.  Whew.  I am tired!  So, not much cooking has been going on.  Monday night my husband had an appointment to go to, so it was just the kids and I.  At they boys' request, we had good ol' Kraft Mac n' Cheese.  I think I ate mine cold since I was trying to do 10 things at once.  Last night we had pancakes.  My Grandma made the best buttermilk pancakes.  I could eat them as fast as she could make them.  Her secret was to buy powdered buttermilk, usually found in the baking aisle and she just followed the recipe on the back of the can for pancakes.  The bonus at her house was she made her own syrup too.  She had some contraption called a vita mixer that she would make it in.  Gosh, I wish she were still here to teach me all she knew.  I miss her so much.... Anyway, we just had regular Log Cabin syrup with ours; and of course they get eaten faster than I can make them up.  Tonight Hubs brought home Chinese from the Lotus Room.  I got General Tao's but didn't love it.  A lot of people like this place, but every time I eat there, I'm disappointed and I think it's way over priced.  Hmpf... Guess I'm just a 'fast food' chinese kinda girl.  :P

I've had a few people ask me about holiday cookies.... I was thinking I'd compile a list if I ever get a few minutes.  :)  Aaaah, I have so much to do, and so little time it seems!  However, I know JESUS is the reason for the SEASON so, if I don't get all the decorations up~ no big deal; if I don't bake 10 different kinds of cookies~ no big deal; if I don't spend endless hours shopping for useless items~ no big deal!  The gift I'm trying to give myself this season, is JOY.  I want a joyful heart and to be a cheerful giver.  I wish for you the same!

HUGS!

No comments: