Monday, January 19, 2009

No Mail Today...Such a Bummer!

I am weird, I guess, in the fact that I hate it when the mail doesn't run. I love running out to the mail box to open it and see what surprises await that day! I go out with such anticipation! If it ends up being serious junk, I walk back to the house slumped over and deflated. My enjoyment of mail probably started back when I was in middle school and began having pen pals. Back in the day when there was no such thing as email, blogs, and facebook--you actually mailed letters, usually hand written to one another. It usually came on cutesy stationary and maybe adorned with some fun stickers. What a mood lifter. =) I do still keep in touch with one of my "pen pals" from way back when. It's pretty cool, but of course now-a-days we rely on email mostly to keep in touch. Anyway, back to the enjoyment of checking my mail... Though I rarely get any hand written letters or cards in the mail other than at birthdays and Christmas these days, I still hope for something that will brighten my day. A catalog to dream in, a "free money" coupon (as I like to call them usually for $10), a magazine, something I ordered, and best of all "Freebies." I have this crazy hobby of scouring the Internet for "freebies" and free samples on a daily basis~ it can be just about anything and I'll sign up for it. Which really, sometimes is dumb because I will get something that I have absolutely no use for and eventually end up throwing it in the trash. But, opening the box to something other than junk and bills is just such a cheap thrill for me. So, as great as MLK was, I'm not sure it's really necessary for the post office to have the day off... ha ha ha ha... I know... call me crazy! Oh, and I'd love to open the mail box up to a treasure trove of just because cards, notes, or letters! *hint*hint* ;-)

No comments: