Thursday, January 8, 2009

Waiting...

I would say I'm a decent waiter. I don't mind being in a long line at the grocery store or waiting my turn to order food, or at the bank (not that I really ever do that one, but it wouldn't bother me.) I am always telling the boys we have to wait our turn in line. However, when it comes to waiting on someone coming to your house~I tend to get pretty impatient! Not really in a bad way but I get antsy.

Today I am waiting for the cable guy. What a cliche! I arrived home yesterday to a cold house and my cable box making a very strange grinding noise. Upon further investigations, I realized one of my lovely children turned the heat to "off" and it was 52 degrees in here! Pretty cold considering it's like 20-something degrees outside. As for the cable box it lead to a dreaded call to the company asking for help. The cable works, but my DVR is totally irretrievable. Thankfully there wasn't too much on there and the couple of things I did want to watch I think I can watch on line. (In case you're wondering it's 10 Items or Less on tbs, http://www.tbs.com/shows/10itemsorless/ I love this show!! Quite hilarious! Also, I need to watch Redemption-24 to get ready for Sunday's premier of 24 season 7 http://www.fox.com/24/dossier/) Naturally, they give you this huge window of when he might come... supposedly before 12:30 today. I'm antsy. Not that we really had plans today. But ya know, what if he comes when you are in the bathroom and the kids let him in?!! I'm waiting for an important phone call, what if he comes then and my dog goes wild, as he always does when someone comes to the door.... the list could go on! Hopefully one good thing that will come of his visit today is that we get a new remote control. We've seriously had the same remote for at least 8 years. All the lettering has rubbed off and it's not in great shape at all. Sadly, my husband and I are very excited about the prospect of a brand new shiny remote control! woohoo! =)

What do you get impatient for?


I had to add this since I need shades to look at this beauty...ha ha ha

No comments: