Monday, March 30, 2009

Sharing My Husbands News

Okay, so I can't for the life of me figure out how to find his blog to simply just link it to mine... so I copied and pasted what I wanted to share from his. =)

I'm so proud and happy for him! Here is the details in his own words though:


Not a Banker Anymore

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:08pm
Yes! You read that right! A couple of blogs ago I mentioned that there was a change coming. Here it is.I guess this is a special blog. For those friends/family who don't know, I gave notice to the bank that Monday that April 3 will be my last day there. My last day in banking. Crazy.I took a position as Chief Operating Officer of a local private company. It is a growing service concern with 200+ employees. It is a dream come true! I always had a goal of being an executive manager, but I always thought it would be as a banker. I am very blessed to have this opportunity. I thank God for providing my career with so many great opportunities along the way, but this one is the best! I can't explain why, with our economy the way it is, and so many folks hurting, any other reason why I have been given the opportunities I have. The Lord is looking out for my family and I, and I couldn't be more thankful.It was April 6, 1996. My first day as a banker. I got hired by The State Bank as a teller. Thereafter, I quickly understood that my calling was to be a banker. I later took jobs in credit administration, mortgage lending, credit analysis, commercial lending, and commercial lending management. I worked for The State Bank, Clarkston State Bank, Standard Federal Bank, The State Bank (again), and Davison State Bank. I met most of my best friends in the banking business. I will mention none, with fear that I will forget somebody. That is how many great people I met. I guess, looking back, that is the single most important thing I will take from my time in banking. Sure, I learned a lot of other stuff, but banking is a people business, and I met some of the best. The banking business grew me up. I have no earthly idea what would have come of me if I hadn't gotten so focused on my banking career. I was 19 when TSB hired me. I don't know why they did. I was kind of a punky kid. I was a hard worker, though. I quickly became proud to wear a tie everyday. My first manager, Mike Macklem (wonder where he is today), made it really clear that you had to have a BA to make it anywhere in banking. He also told me that the only way to make any money in the business was to get into commercial lending. In May, 2000 I was a college graduate, and in September, 2001 I was in the commercial lending department as a credit analyst. The successes came. In 2003 I became a Commercial Loan Officer at Clarkston State Bank, which at the time was affiliated with TSB. In 2006, I won the Professional Banker of the Year Award at TSB. The award is the highest honor provided to a salaried worker at TSB, and that was my proudest career moment. In December, 2007 I was made Vice President of the bank, which I was also very proud of, especially given my age (I was 31). In December, 2008 I was given the opportunity to manage the lending function of Davison State Bank in addition to my duties at TSB. They recently announced the sale of DSB, but managing the department for that short time was very rewarding. It has been a GREAT career. So, why am I leaving all of this? Opportunity. Very simply. There is risk in making a move that I am. However, I think there is just as much risk (if not more) in staying. Banking is in a time of transition. I don't know what will actually come of the business, given the economic troubles we face.So I did it. I have to pinch myself now and again. I am excited to start a new chapter.Anyway, my next blog will be back to baseball, simple minded politics, and updates on my walk with Jesus!

The Voice


So, a new chapter opens in our life. We are so blessed and looking forward to the new adventure.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you shared that! What a blessing to get to hear his heart.