Monday, March 23, 2009

So Sorry

Okay, It's clear that I suck at blogging. Or at least doing it on a regular basis. I feel like what I might have to say isn't very interesting, but I guess who cares?

Today I am waiting... I don't like waiting on things that have to do with depending on other people, as I've mentioned before. A new chapter is being opened in our lives and today was a big day for my husband and this transition. It's after one pm and I haven't heard from him yet. I have no idea how his day is going but I'm dying to know. He was pretty upset as he left this morning, which of course makes me upset. Even though good things are to come, it doesn't make any of this any easier.

I have a funny "Out of The Mouth of Babes" ~ this is a conversation between my 4 year old & I:
B: Are you pregnant mom?
me: Yes.
B: How did the baby get in there? Does God just shove it in?
me: Mmmmhmmm, yep, God just shoves it in.

LOL... I don't think I'm ready to have the birds and the bees talk with him just yet. ;-)

Speaking of my 4 year old... we went to his kindergarten roundup last week. Oh my. I can't believe my first born is already going to be going to *real* school. Some how preschool just isn't real. Having him gone 5 days for hours on end will be so odd. Just thinking of his first day of school, getting on that bus in six months makes me cry! I was mortified that I was blubbering at the open house about his first day of school. I am sure that most mothers cry on their child's first day of school, but SIX months before?!!! Must be the silly baby hormones.

Ah, baby baby. I'm counting down. Technically 9 weeks to go. According to my midwife on Thursday it will be 8 weeks. If my wish comes true, more like 6 weeks. I'm hoping for a mother's day baby. The full moon is May 9th. It's possible... trust me, I'll be doing everything I can to make the arrival of Baby Joy come a little earlier than May 24th. I've been feeling really good. I guess I am surprised by this. About a month ago, I found out my iron was low and ever since I have been consciously trying to make sure I get enough, I have just felt marvelous.

Guess I better mention my middle child. =) EO's been giving me a hard time. Must be the age. He'll be 3 in a couple of weeks. I am a little worried about how he'll be once the baby arrives. His favorite thing to do now is the complete opposite of what I want him to do. It's really hard to punish him because it always ends up seeming to punish B too. Like if EO won't pick up toys and I take them away then obviously B won't get to play with them either. And fighting with EO at bed time, just keeps B awake too. *sigh* hopefully it's just a stage...

Well, I guess that is all I can think of for now...my thoughts are elsewhere, waiting to hear from my husband.

Oh, and I will try to write a little more often... I have come to terms with the fact that my blog isn't going to be full of way cool pictures and such. ;-)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you're continuing with the blog. I wish I could write more frequently and have deeper, more interesting content, but sometimes, it's just nice to be able to poor out your thoughts, document the mundane and vent to whomever cares to read.

I hope the hub doesn't stay radio silent much longer. That's the worst!