Sunday, November 29, 2009

Whoops! Sorry 'bout that!


My sincerest apologies for my fans (ahem, I know I mainly have imaginary ones, but just in case there are a few real ones  lol) for what, 10 days going by since my last post.  Last week my dearest friend's grandmother passed away and that sort of put a halt to everything for a couple of days, then we were getting ready for Thanksgiving, which we traveled to see my sis and we've just been relaxing since we've been back.  So let me see if I can recall anything we've eaten in the past week.  I think I mentioned making a banana cake a while back, oh well on FB I did.  It did not turn out to look pretty at all, it stuck in the pan for some reason, even though I PAM'd it to death.  I didn't think that it tasted that great but I left it a R's place and she loved it.  I think she even shared it with some other people and they gave it a thumbs up. I winged the recipe, so it's not one I can share, since I don't even know what I did~ thus the bad turn out.  Hmmm, I made a pecan pie (home made crust and all!) for Thanksgiving with my In Law's last Sunday.  It got rave reviews and there was only one tiny slice left at the end of the night.  Straight outta Betty Crocker.  Betty won't steer you wrong, I promise!  I got to thinking about this cookbook the other day, I am 90% sure my Grandma gave it to me a long time ago.  I wish so badly that I could remember for sure.  My book is quite beat up, I use it a lot, but I think I better take a little better care of it.  My Grandma had her first Betty Crocker cook book and when she passed my mother snatched it up, hopefully someday it will end up in my hands.  What a treasure.  Oh yeah, I made Betty's banana bread too.  She calls for nuts, instead I add chocolate chips.
One night I made Cheesy Manicotti.  It's just an easy one out of the Kraft Magazine (which is no longer FREE!).  The manicotti shells break easily, and stuffing them is kind of a pain, but they really are yummy!  I think I made these Tuesday night and we were leaving on Wednesday, so I froze the leftovers.  Friday night we had pizza, cause we're low on food.  That is the stinky part of going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving, you don't get any leftovers!  :(  Hubby has done all the cooking this weekend.  Love you, babe! Last night he made Buffalo Chicken Cornbread with Blue Cheese Salad and tonight he made Shepherd's Pie.  Both were pretty tasty.  I love the taste of wings, but not wings (too messy!) so the cornbread dish was pretty good.  Oh, B even took a picture of his dinner tonight.  (I usually forget!)  This frosty mug is filled with Michelob Marzen Oktoberfest Style beer, which in our opinion is pretty good.  Sorry for all the recipe links, but too many to type out tonight.  Gotta scoot to get my baby girl to bed!  Sweet dreams!

No comments: