Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter, a day late...

Hi! Happy Easter everyone! A day late, I know. But the good part of that is that I was too busy yesterday to even turn on my computer. We woke up and of course the kids came barreling down the stairs to see what the Bunny left. The Bunny was generous this year and left them each a two-wheel bike. Oh, and some candy of course. After they found all their eggs, I whipped up a quick breakfast of monkey bread, fruit salad, and scrambled eggs. I like monkey bread, but for some reason I can NEVER get the middles to come out cooked through all the way. So my husband & I picked around the edges of it and pitched the rest. We got ready for church and to my delight, my mother had accepted my invitation to join us, she got her about 9. We went off to church and it was really good. Although, I was dying to sit after the first song. Sciatica nerve, still aching. :( But Pastor was really good and my mom really enjoyed it. I've been wanting to ask her to go with us for quite some time, and I'm glad I finally did. I think she'll come back. Woo hoo! After church my mom went home and we went to my mother-in-laws for the remainder of the day. I love going there, the kids just want to hang with her & grandpa so we get a nice break. It was half way decent outside, so they spent a lot of time outside hunting for eggs and walking the trails and riding their bikes. We finally headed for home around 7:30. What a long few days we had.... Today back to the grind, which was not really what I had in mind. ;)


Today is Eo's birthday. He's 3. I guess he's not thrilled about it, every time we mention it he acts all shy and covers his face. Geez...I understand that when you turn 3-0, but 3? Gosh, he's starting early... We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl while I was pregnant with him, I wanted my girl bad and had sort of talked myself into the fact that it was. But I knew deep in my heart he was a boy and was not at all surprised when my husband said, "It's a boy!" However, we hadn't settled on a name for a boy yet, so he didn't officially get a name for like 24 hours. His birth was one of my most proud accomplishments. I labored and delivered him without any pain medications what-so-ever. It was very liberating and powerful. I achieved my goal and was very proud for that. I look forward to accomplishing that goal again in a few weeks. =) Eo was such an easy baby we called him EZ. However, right now I would say he's the complete opposite of easy. I know, this too shall pass. Happy Birthday my baby boy! You make your mama proud.

Okay, while on our little vacay to Cincy, we hit the water park. I had a revelation there. I know these words will probably come back to haunt me, but I don't want my daughter to ever wear a bikini. I know... I know that it is probably super cute to put one on a baby or toddler, but if you start letting them do it from the get go, at what point can you pull back? I don't think you can, so if you never start then you have more leverage. I was just amazed at how awful most of these suits are. I saw like a 4 year old in one that had skulls all over it, which I have nothing against really, but what kind of message is that sending? Most of them even for little, little girls were these triangle top things. Um, hello?! Worst of all the tweens and teen girls who were sporting the bikinis and flaunting it all... all the old men were ogling over. Ick! I want my daughter to have respect for her body and flaunting all that skin in public ~I just don't think is appropriate. Lord Help Me. =)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Amen to the bikini thing!! I'm not letting Claire wear one, unless I can find a tankini because that will make it really easy to take bathroom breaks!

And how exciting to have your mom at church. My mom has never come with me, and as I sat in church Easter morning I wished I had invited her. She probably wouldn't have come, but at least I could have asked!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute blog and a super cute blog name....I have enjoyed reading some of your posts tonight.

Hope you will stop by and visit me....