Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Idol Recap of Top 9

Idol night. Woo-hoo. I just realized something too--hopefully by the time this show ends, the night of the grand finale, I'll be holding my baby girl in my arms instead of my belly. Yee Haw!

Oh dear, Why is Paula wearing a prom dress, AGAIN?!

an Usher song by Anoop...hmmm. Neat MJ jacket, way better than the dorky tie and sweater getup though. Eh, I don't think this song shows any range. I really preferred him in a slower jam. The fast ones just come off so dorky.

Megan--Oh Gawd! Bob Marley?!?! Is this any surprise? She's putting the nails in her coffin, I hope anyway. Eh. Ick. Talk about standing at the bus stop?!?!!! This girl has no confidence! Thank God it's over. Ah yes, a chair that would help out her awful body language, but probably not the awful voice.

I think they pay people to boo what the judges say...

Danny-What Hurts The Most (rascal flatts)- I have a hard time listening to any RF song ever since my Grandma died, because I automatically associate it with the RF song played at her funeral. That being said, I managed to sit through his performance. How many different pairs of glasses does this kid have?! I felt like he sang it with a lot of emotion, which was good. I liked it. Though sometimes when they take a song sung by a band it is a little weird for me.

Allison-Don't Speak. I love this song. Let's see... Not so sure about her wild hair but I bet Gwen would approve and I think it's bringing youth to her image. I liked it. She made it her own in a good way. Not blown away though. I think Gwen would have totally dug the out fit. I didn't think anything of it, I'm surprised the judges gave her such a hard time. I really liked the beginning with the guitar.

Scott-Just the Way You Are, Billy Joel- Do you think he looks like Kirk Cameron a la Growing Pains era?!! LoL! Well, at least an attempt is being made to look a little cooler. I've been sort of over this guy for the past few weeks, but I think he did very well and it's his best song yet. Very nice. BUT.... I don't see him being the right market for this audience.

Matt--You Found Me, The Fray-- Whew! He must have read my blog comments from last weeks show about his terrible outfit. He looks MUCH better this week. I loved how he was surrounded by people while performing the song, way cool stage presence. I thought it totally was awesome! I might even download this one. Rock on!!!
Wait...what?! Oh Paula, shut up. I can't stand anything that comes out of her mouth. OMG! I can't believe it! All bad reviews!!! No way!! Not fair!! I totally agree that it showed versatility!! Poor Matt! I hope America agreed with me!

Lil--Celine--I Surrender-- I don't even know what to say. Oh that sounds good-BORING! Too Safe! No charisma. She's lost something... I hope she finds it soon.

Adam--Play that Funky Music--Oh dear. Current record? Let's see.....
Um! Children watch this show!! Enough thrusting young man! I swear, he's channeling Elvis again this week. I don't know, probably could be a hit today, but I wouldn't buy it. I do agree with Kara, I do look forward to see what this kid is going to do next. There is no denying his talent and creativity.

Kris--Ain't no Sunshine--Last person usually knocks it out of the park. Will Kris? He plays Piano??!! Wow! HOT! HOT! HOT!! Ooooh, Kara can count tonight. Woo hoo! Best of the night for sure!

My Bottom 3-
Anoop, Megan & I guess Lil. I like her, but she's had weeks of wrong songs now...

No comments: