Wednesday, November 11, 2009

<3 Comfort Food <3

Tonight we are having Grandma's Biscuits & Sausage Gravy.  Mmmmh....  I think I have perfected the biscuits after a few attempts, well as good as I'm gonna get, I suppose.   Ya know how even if you make something *exactly* the way someone else did but it's still not quite right?!  No matter how close I come, I'll always be missing the LOVE that she put into it.  Maybe one day my kids will say the same of me.  Here's my plate of love:



I also made a couple of loaves of Pumpkin Bread.  It actually uses the entire can.  I hate pumpkin recipes that call for 1 cup--use the whole darn can, please and thank you!  My lovely neighbor J was gracious enough to give me a brick of cream cheese so I could slather it all over my pumpkin bread slices.  Mmmmhhh!  Yummy! 



I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com I use that site a lot.  I like how you can type in ingredients you have and search for a recipe. 

Ingredients


1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.  (I used two 9x4s and it took a little longer to bake.)

In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.

Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
 
I did follow the recipe as posted and found it to be a mild pumpkin flavor.  The outside has a nice crust and the inside is nice and moist.  The cream cheese on it is a nice addition.  I would probably bake this again. 
 


No comments: