Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

Ha!  That is said very sarcastically.  It hasn't been a terrible day, but Tuesdays are usually busy as E goes to preschool & I must drive him.  While he is there my friend A & I try to walk.  Today was a nice day for it.  After I pick up E we usually hang around to pick up B 45 minutes later, as they attend school in the same building.  Today we ran an errand to kill time.  Then we zip home & I have to fend off the boys from eating too much.  The baby needs to eat.  The dog wants out.  Looking through the mail, nothing good today.  Of course, check my email.  ;)  All in all it's a crazy time from 4-6 pm. 
Tonight for dinner we are having Pork Chops & "The Pioneer Woman's Sweet-Roasted Rosemary Acorn Squash Wedges," along with some mixed frozen veggies.  For the pork chops I searched around for a good one this morning and decided to combine a couple I looked at. 

Here's my version, what I'm calling Ritzy Pork Chops
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
coupla sleeves of Ritz Crackers, smashed to smitherines
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 pounded out thin, pork chops

Scramble eggs and add the garlic & onion powder to it.  When you pound out your pork chops, be careful of your fingers!  (Tip: You know those heavy plasticy bags that cereal come is, well save them when they are empty--they are great for smashing meat in, won't break.  Sadly, I never remember to keep the bags!!!) Then dry the meat with paper towels, dredge in eggs, then cracker crumbs, and into the hot fry pan with the oil.  Cook to desired doneness, depending on thickness.  I made mine pretty thin, so it should only take a couple of minutes per side. 

For Ree's squash recipe, please visit: here.  If you've never checked out The Pioneer Woman, nows the time!  She's the whole package, folks!  I just saw that she was featured in People magazine! 

How was it?  Pork chops were pretty good, I over cooked them a bit (naturally with three distractions!).  The squash was good, maybe go light on the rosemary unless you really love it.  The kids had to pick out all the little stems.  I let Joy try a bite of the squash.  She seemed to like it, but really she has no idea what to do yet. 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm gonna have to try that squash! I like to make baby food and that is one food that is sooo easy to make. I could make Hannah a little squash then use the rest to make a dish for me and the kids. Hubby unfortunately won't touch it.

Enjoying your new "direction"!