Thursday, November 12, 2009

the sun is out!

I'm posting early today since I'm not really cooking dinner tonight.  Hubs & I have our first ever parent-teacher conference @6:30!  After meeting with B's teacher, Hubs & I are heading to Outback to use up a birthday gift certificate we got.  Woohoo!  Can't wait for the Blue Cheese Chop Salad and big ol' Raspberry Margarita.  Maybe I'll have steak too.  lol  Before we leave though, I will be whipping up some Kraft mac n'cheese, I think we might have a few chicken nuggets buried in the freezer somewhere and they'll get a frozen veggie too; probably green beans (their favorite!).  Dinner is served.  Granny is watching them while we are gone, surly they'll get dessert tonight.  ;)

Since my dinner is nothing to write about tonight, I thought I'd post this gem.  I made these a few weeks back and my friend A wanted the recipe!  Here ya go, A!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 48


2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup coarsely chopped cocktail peanuts
 Ganache
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
 Garnish
chopped peanuts


1.  Heat oven to 350* F.  Beat peanut butter, sugar, eggs, and baking soda in large bowl with electric mixer 2 minutes or until smooth and blended.  Stir in chopped nuts.


2.  Drop level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart, flat side down, onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake, one sheet at a time, 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and slightly golden.  Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


3.  Ganache: Microwave cream in glass bowl on high 1 minute or until it just begins to simmer.  Add chocolate chips; let stand 2 minutes.  Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth; spread over half of cookie tops and sprinkle with chopped nuts.  If ganache begins to firm up, microwave a few seconds at a time until easy to spread.

These are very rich cookies, but oh-so-good.  I got this recipe from Woman's Day magazine.  I guess I'm old since I read that ol' rag.

No comments: