Monday, November 9, 2009

Wow, Six months is a long time...

Okay, so my last post was in May. I had a baby, ya know! Besides being busy doing all that a mom of three precious hoodlums does, I didn't really think anyone kept up with my writings besides my bff, and she's only doing that because she's obligated to do so. LOL I felt this blog was lacking a direction. However, I think I have decided on one and hopefully from here on out will be able to keep up with it and have something to say that might be interesting.





I recently had a FB friend approach me for advice on what to make for a party she was hosting. I was so flattered that she thought of me! Then, my neighbor suggested that I blog about my cooking/baking as she is always asking me for a recipe or oohing and aahing over my "status updates" on Facebook when I talk about food. I had been thinking about it, and with that little encouragement, decided it was a good idea. :) Thanks Jess!





This blog will now be about what's for dinner in the real world! I am a busy mom of three kids under 5. I love to try new recipes, and, of course, have quite a few good ol' standbys. I tend to wing it a lot times, and some things I make (like chili) never seem to come out the same way twice. I'm not good at planning ahead. I know some who do that, but for me, how do I know on Monday what is going to sound good on Thursday night? I usually only shop every other week. We don't eat out that much. I do make things that are a total flop and some stuff is just outstanding, that I totally impress myself! Some things have special meaning to me and I make them with lots of love. When I bake, I usually wear an apron becuase I get so messy! So there you have it, a little bit about my habits.





Ironically, after a busy weekend and a late night last night I have no motivation for dinner tonight. So Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup it is. Hopefully I won't burn it.... ;-)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awesome! What a great idea!!! I look forward to all your great recipes...